How YOU doin?
Oh Friends…how I love thee, and will continue to watch episode after episode repeatedly…*sigh* Friends is always a beloved…as is Gilmore Girls.
Anyway…getting a little sidetracked there…I have had such a stressful and busy month that I tried to take small moments throughout the month to find little things with my makeup to enjoy. Although I love doing some very glammed up looks, it’s the change up of a beauty routine that can help me feel a little more glam, even if I’m just going to work or internship.
I did not have many beloveds this month because I was constantly needing to be office-appropriate and understated in my setting. Not a ton of room for creativity there, but I take it when I can get it!
- Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey – I go in and out of stages for using my Kissable Balm Stains…because I am a gloss lady who does not like many steps in achieving my lip look…so you know I definitely do not layer this with a gloss. It’s either a gloss (I go for pigmented, opaque formulas) or something like this. Usually the gloss wins out because in addition to the color, gloss gives my lips a fuller appearance. Ok, so I’m supposed to be talking about THIS product..here we go…I love the color of Honey. It’s a slightly mauve rose. The initial color lasts a good amount of time, and it does stain my lips. Although I do not find these to be moisturizing, I don’t find them overly drying either.
- La Vanilla Pure Vanilla perfume – This has become one of those perfumes I will not be without, or if I am, it won’t be for long! LOL I love the true pure vanilla scent of this. This has the faintest powder note, but that is not noticeable, at least when mixed with my body chemistry. This is long lasting and around $19 for the rollerball…so pretty average price for a perfume. I bought mine at Sephora some time last year, and now it is almost gone.
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Strawberry Blonde – This was limited edition last summer, and I am so glad I picked it up. This is a duo-chrome product. The pigmentation of the base color alone is not good, but I don’t think it was necessarily meant to stand out for the base color. This has a duo-chrome of a bright (almost hot) pink shimmer. I love using this as a topper for other highlights or for the inner corner.
- Maybelline Blush in Wild Blossom – This is also limited edition, but I have still seen these floating around seemingly abandoned beauty departments at less busy Walgreens or CVS locations. This does not have a lot of pigmentation or the greatest staying power, but this is a good drugstore option for the radiant orchid trend or if you are just a purple makeup lover in general like I am. A long-wearing foundation will help this last longer. Also wanted to note that this does sheer out well, and has some shimmer and sparkle. Some may be able to go without a highlighter, but let’s face it, I LOVE me some highlight!
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation – Review coming soon..so I don’t want to spoil it by divulging too much here 😉