Here we are again…end of the month for some beloved and blunders! Are you ready!? LOL
In kind of a goofy mood…so let’s get started. This month, I don’t have too many beloveds. I found myself not wearing makeup every single day as usual. I have been dealing with some personal struggles, so my off days were not concerning applying makeup. While for some this is nothing new, for me this is weird because I love playing with different makeup looks and colors on my days off…when I don’t have to worry about an office-appropriate look. Like I said though, I have had some personal struggles, so even the enjoyment of makeup has been slightly diminished for me. I am slowly starting to rediscover it though.
Despite that, on the days I do want to do my makeup or enjoy it, I have been trying to play around with different looks. This lends to the favorites I have for this month…so here we go!
- Victoria’s Secret Perfume Mist in Amber Romance – Holy moly do I love this scent!! It’s so warm, comforting, and also kind of sexy. However, although this is technically a perfume, the scent does not last very long.
- Crystal Nail File – I first heard about crystal nail files from pinksofoxy on YouTube. She does a lot of DYIs for beauty and is a good source of information for beauty oils and nail health. She mentioned crystal nail files, and I finally bought some on Amazon, and I will never go back! I have weak, bendy, peeling nails, which snag and peel/rip quite easily. Well, my nails have been SO much healthier just from changing over from regular cheap emery boards to a crystal nail file. Now, something to keep in mind with crystal nail files is the file should never wear down. Many crystal nail files sold at store like Sephora only have a layer of crystal, which eventually wears down. An authentic crystal nail file does not wear down, and you just rinse it off with water to clean it.
- Revlon Colorstay Base Coat – I used this in the beginning of the year for a long time, but I ended up switching to using one of the formulations of OPI Nail Envy. I decided to go back to this after my OPI Nail Envy started to get goopy and messing up my manicures rather than improving them. I forgot how much I love this base coat! It really helps to keep my nail polish on for longer.
- elf Eyebrow Kit in Light – I have been using this product for so long, but I’m not someone who has to do my brows everyday or before I leave my house….I go through stages with my brows. Lately I have been enjoying filling in my brows with the tinted wax just to define them a little more. My brows are naturally very blonde, so I do not do much for filling them in because I don’t want it to be such a drastic difference from days I choose not to fill them in.
- Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush – I have been using this with the Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Intrigue (which I mention a little later). This allows me to place a very light amount of the white blush on my cheekbones and blend it out without it looking like “Whoa there’s white blush on your face!”
- Illmasqua Powder Blusher in Intrigue – Since I am so fair-skinned, I often have an issue with highlighters even being too pigmented or slightly too dark to use as a highlighter….so I decided that I wanted to find a white powder to lightly place on my cheekbones before highlighter as a type of white or lighter base so I am able to use some of my more pigmented highlighters without worrying they look like a ton more blush or just too dark. This is awesome! But keep in mind that it is EXTREMELY pigmented so I have been using a small duo-fiber brush to apply lightly and blend out.
- MAC In Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt – This is one of the highlighters I own which can be too dark or pigmented, but I still want to use it….enter the Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Intrigue to make this possible!! Ever since I purchased the Illmasqua blush, I have been able to use this beautiful metallic gold highlight! Love!
- EcoTools Domed Bronzer Brush – I love this brush for blending out my bronzer and blush when I’m completely done with my makeup.
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Foundation – Okay, so I feel like I am the only person who does not like this formulation of the Revlon Colorstay foundation line. This does not blend in for me. It’s SO SO visible on my skin, no matter what application technique I use. This feels heavy on my skin. The coverage is minimal, unless I want my makeup to be visible from a mile away, and it leaves a residue on all my makeup brushes, not just the foundation brush or Beauty Blender….no…I’m talking about the brushes I use to apply my bronzer, blush, and highlight. Wish it worked for me, but it doesn’t. I’ve tried so many different methods of application and use, but this foundation is not for me.
Hope you enjoyed my beloveds and blunders! I hope you are having a good week!