It’s time for my beloveds and blunders again! I didn’t do this post for October because I mostly just did everyday makeup which didn’t include any beloveds. I didn’t hate wearing makeup in October, but I also didn’t enjoy it the way I usually do so here it is for November!
- Sigma Crème de Couture Blush in Blackberry Essence – I love that Sigma released a matte lavender blush! Some people thought this collection should have been released in the spring, but I’m not one for sticking to seasonal colors. I wear what I want when I want…such a rebel, I know LOL. The downside to this is the staying power…not as short as some Maybelline blushes I’ve tried, but it’s not long-wearing. But LOVE the color!
- NYX Powder Blush in Raisin – Ok, so I finally bought this blush after lemming after it for years…no kidding….years. This is such a beautiful matte, deeper brown-toned mauve. It’s office appropriate so I’ve been wearing it every day. Beware this blush is so so so pigmented. Only dot your brush on it, then use a nice blending brush to avoid looking like a mess. I think NYX discontinued this shade, but I got mine on Amazon for less than $8.
- MAC Blush in Pink Cult – This blush is also a matte…apparently I was really feeling the mattes this month! This was a Limited Edition blush.
- Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment – I have previously used the mattifying primer from the Korres Pomegranate line, but I like the treatment much more. This does a significantly better job at keeping my oily skin matte throughout my long work days. This is clear and somewhat runny, but a little goes a long way. I will definitely consider purchasing regular size of this after using up my small size. This is available at Sephora.
- theBalm Shady Lady Palette Vol. 2 in Insane Jane & Just This Once Jamie – I have been getting a lot of use out of the Vol. 2 palette, but I found myself gravitating to these 2 colors in particular. Insane Jane is a beautiful shimmery taupe, and Just This Once Jamie is a beautiful shimmery mauve. This is available at Sephora or theBalm‘s website.
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette in Fantastical – I am so glad a bought this palette when it went on clearance at Sephora. Some of you may remember when Tarina Tarantino left Sephora last year, and everything was close to half off, so I bought this and 2 other Jewel Shadow Palettes. The quality of the packaging and shadows is amazing! The 3 colors I was using the most were the mauvey plum, bright pinky purple, and the deep purple. These are not discontinued, and you can still find these palettes on the Tarina Tarantino website
- Coastal Scent Oval Camouflage Concealer brush C224 – I bought this brush years ago during a sale and honestly wasn’t that impressed. I thought it was going to be such a wonderful, change my world concealer brush (like I was hearing), and it just wasn’t. Needless to say, I was very happy it was very affordable. However, I tried this one day to apply my brow bone highlight shade, and hello LOVE! This is great for a precise application and some blending without using excess shadow. Available at Coastal Scents.
Just an FYI, I am sorry that the blushes I used this month are discontinued or limited edition, but I use my makeup to enjoy it, and I’m not going to use other products I don’t want to just because they are permanent.